RE: finding a car for the wife (no audi content!)

Why not get a nice 5K? As far as I know they can be had for a bargain
price in US. And those auto trannies aren't that bad. Especially on
non-turbo models they're pretty reliable provided close eye is kept on
both ATF and diff fluid.

Aleksander Mierzwa
Warsaw, Poland
87 Audi 5000CS turbo (mine)