[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
5KTQ Fuel Pressure Problem?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org (IPM Return requested)
- Subject: 5KTQ Fuel Pressure Problem?
- From: Russell S Southerlin <Russell.S.Southerlin@lmco.com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 11:44:24 -0600
- Alternate-recipient: Allowed
- Conversion: Allowed
- Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
- Original-encoded-information-types: IA5-Text
- Sender: email@example.com
- X400-Content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
- X400-MTS-identifier: [/c=us/admd=telemail/prmd=mmc/; 00E3434425DF81C1-lmagMTA]
- X400-Originator: Russell.S.Southerlin@lmco.com
- X400-Received: by mta lmagMTA in /c=us/admd=telemail/prmd=mmc/; Relayed; Mon,13 Oct 1997 11:44:24 -0600
- X400-Received: by /c=us/admd=telemail/prmd=mmc/; Relayed; Mon,13 Oct 1997 11:44:24 -0600
- X400-Recipients: non-disclosure;
Here is a good one that I hope someone can help me with. I have been having
starting problems and the Audi Gods finally got me by leaving me stranded
with a car that would not start. I happened to have a fuse with me so I did
the fuel pump thing and cycled various components and did eventually get
the car started and was able to drive it home.
Upon troubleshooting I discovered that the fuel pressure regulator (the
screw in fitting in the front of the fuel distributor) had a tear in the
o-ring. I carefully repositioned the o-ring and screwed it back in with no
luck. Then when I took it back out the o-ring was completely disintegrated
into hundreds of very small particles. I was able to get a new o-ring from
my local Audi junkyard. In my infinite wisdow I then decided to flush out
the pressure regulator bore by turning on the fuel pump with the regulator
removed and letting the gas flush out onto the bore. I think when I did
this I must have pushed out an internal part from the regulator bore that I
I also got some fuel injection lines from the junkyard and made my own fuel
pressure gage. Well needless to say the fuel system is putting out 0.0 psi
and I have gone over the entire system and even replaced the fuel pump just
in case and still have no pressure.
Does anyone know what is supposed to be inside this regulator bore? Can I
buy a new regulator and this missing part?