[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
1998 qOC Membership from the US, Who's in?
- To: quattro <email@example.com>, Steve Buchholz <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Ian Duff <email@example.com>, Gary Erickson <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Eric Fletcher <email@example.com>, Richard Funnell <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Ben Howell <email@example.com>, Lester Lampman <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Glenn Lawton <email@example.com>, Chris Semple <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Mike Del Tergo <email@example.com>, Wendy Weintraub <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: 1998 qOC Membership from the US, Who's in?
- From: "David G. Lawson" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 00:16:14 -0400
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have been in contact with Phil Payne about
quattro Owners Club membership rates for the 1998
year. For those wondering, the qOC is a worldwide
club, based in the UK, whose focus is on quattro
cars, specifically the ur-quattro model cars. They
have many events in the UK and Europe and hold
monthly meetings in various areas/districts.
Last year I organized the US membership area, and
12 quattro enthusiasts joined. And now it is time to
get the ball rolling for the 98 memberships.
From correspondence with Phil, this years costs
are detailed below.
> Subject: UK News
>> I guess its getting time to re-submit membership
>>info and $$$ from the US. I want to continue my
>>membership and I am sure quite a few of the
>> original 12 from the US also would.
> We now have 75 overseas mambers.
> And we make a loss on them - largely because
> we are mailing more and
> larger items - the Audi magazine will now go out
>twice a year, and the Club
> glossy magazine once a year.
> We've raised the UK subscription to GBP30.
> This is inflation-corrected, still
> about 10% less in real terms than the initial
>GBP25 was worth when the
> club started. For overseas members, we're
>going to have to make it GBP35
> to cover the additional postage charges.
>That's around $55.
The conversion from GBP to $US has been
floating around 1.60 to 1.65. Using the 1.65 figure ,
we get 1.65 *35 = US$57.75 for 12 months
membership. I need to add in a few(3or 4)
dollars for check processing, mailing costs
and insurance on the registered mail package.
That brings it to $60.75 or $61.75. I will check
into the mailing/insurance costs. These caught
me by surprise last year.
Now you ask what does $62 buy you? A
membership card, a window sticker, a lapel
pin, a monthly newsletter and a glossy club
magazine, which they produce once a year.
And it sounds like 2 mailings of the UK VAG
Audi magazine. I'm sure all of the initial 1997
members would agree that this is a first rate club,
and enjoyed being a member. I know I enjoy the
monthly newsletters and read the October
issue last night.
Here is the drill, same as last year,
1) E-mail me, Dave Lawson,
<email@example.com> that you have
decided to join. Include the following information
home phone number
work phone number
chassis no. (VIN)
2) I will reply to you and let you know the amount
needed for membership($61 or $62), who to make
the check out to and where to send it. The cutoff for
open enrollment is 7 November 1997. At this date, I
will cash the checks and get the cashiers check cut.
3) I will alert Phil Payne via e-mail of the number of US
members who are joining and the total amount being
sent to the club.
4) I will assemble all the membership info and send it
along with the check to Roger Galvin, the club
5) Starting in January, we begin to receive 1998
There you have it, I look forward to hearing from
future qOC US members. This year, we may even
have to start sending our area meeting minutes.
Dave Lawson firstname.lastname@example.org
90 200 TQW, idles quiet with new lifters
86 coupe GT, bent
83 ur-q, jealous of the wagon, been in the garage for 2 wks