RE: Cooling system leak(s) - 5KCSTQ

Mark wrote:

Briefly, I am getting leakage from just about every junction.  Since
replacing the after run relay (pump works now) I got a leak at the
connector end of the pump.

1)  Is it possible that the cap on the overflow is defective and holding
    _too_ much pressure in the system thus causing leaks?

Possible. Get one from the junkyard, it should cost only few bucks.

2)  Anybody know what outside diameter PVC pipe I can use to bypass
    the turbo pump as I try to seal it?

I don't quite understand. Can't you just measure the diameter of the
connectors at the pump?

Aleksander Mierzwa
Warsaw, Poland
87 Audi 5000CS turbo (mine)