Subject: Re: Stock CIS, running out of gas at 2 bar?
Author:  orin@wolfenet.com at MAILHUB-SMTP
Date:    10/23/97 5:19 PM

> Scott,
> You wrote:
> >I don't know if the fuel distributor plunger
> continues to output more fuel all the way to the top of the
> plate travel or if it tops out earlier.
> I think from taking my fuel dist apart (maybe something good can come
> from destroying a fuel dist.) that once the plunger clears the top of
> internal slits that meter fuel to the injectors you would not deliver
> more fuel to the injectors with increased plunger travel given a steady
> state lambda circuit (I don't know how you could determine this point
> except by measuring plunger height). But you could deliver more fuel via
> the lambda circuit. If the ECU detected a lean condition I think it
> would try to correct it by changing the dwell on the lambda circuit
> unitil it was at a full rich condition (OXS F/V full open) in which case
> if the plunger was at full travel you would have max fuel delivery.
Not at WOT.  The O2 sensor isn't used at WOT and a fixed table is
used for the frequency valve - 68% at high RPM.  Current wisdom is
to set the duty cycle around 40% at idle, so this already gives
extra fuel at high boost and RPM... sounds like we need to do some
measurements of fuel delivered vs sensor plate position and frequency
valve duty cycle.