Re: Coupe body

"Martin Pajak" <quattro@rogerswave.ca> wrote:

>I don't know about that one I know of 2 '86 4kq and one '87 4kq (with
>the regular engine) all with original paint yet rusting wors than my
>'82 Coupe.  I think only the '84 and up 5000 series cars and the
>'88 and up 90/80 were galvanized.

They certainly were here. None of the B2 body style Coupe/UrQ/80/90 cars
were galvanised, and they started with the C3-style cars in '84 or '85, if
I recall correctly. Still, even in this very corrosive climate, I've yet to
see a post-'82 C3 rust, even when abused. The C2 models dissolved while you
were watching, though...

1988 Audi 80 1.8S, mostly Tizianrot metallic, 214,000km

    Time is the best teacher.  Unfortunately, it kills all its pupils.
                                        -- Hector-Louis Berlioz