Re: center-vent heating (via bi-level)

> >It's a feature, not a bug.

All bugs, if left long enough, will become features.

> I don't know about the 4kq systems, but the manual for my 100 and 200 says
> the "bi-level" setting on the Climate Control panel will direct heated air
> through the center vents as well as to the floor. It seems to affect things
> in that sense, but even so, I've haven't yet gotten what I'd call a really
> satisfying blast of warm air from the center vents even with "bi-level"
> mode. Maybe "bi-level" is only intended to mix in a smidgeon of warm air
> for those vents.

When I run bi-level I get warm air out of the vents on the top of
the dash, barely anything out of the centre vents and  I can't seem
to feel anything anywhere else, but I'd have to check. As far as I
can remember the bi-level setting runs the defroster on the windscreen
while keeping cooling in  the normal vents. Is this right?

"a thousand miles from here, there is another person smiling"
1990 Turbo (200T)
name   : gerard van vught
tel    : +27-57-912 2658 (w) / 082 923 9609 (cell)
url    : http://www.acenet.co.za/homepages/gerard/
e-mail : gerard@poboxes.com  / han.solo@galaxycorp.com
         gerard@acenet.co.za / van_vught@frg.issi.co.za