RE: "Outside Temp" adjustable?

Gerard wrote:

	>Ok, I removed the black covering. Found the evaporator unit.
Saw a
	>few wires and connectors, matched the connector to the one that
	>on the grill and disconnected it. The AC head unit now reports
	>error 03, which is correct since the evaporator unit temp
sensor is
	>Another note, now that the temp sensor in the firewall has been
	>disconnected, when I pulled off this morning and checked the
	>temp  reading it came up -1 celcius. Admittedly I did check
	>having the motor on for something like 1 minute. Does that temp
	>sensor at the grill need some time to adjust? If so, then how

I misinterpreted the readings (my apologies). As the demperature
_decreases_, the reading from the sensors _increase_, so it seems that
the sensor behind the grille is faulty and the one at the evaporator is
OK. Try to connect the one at the evaporator back and disconnect the one
behind the grille, it should make your outside temperature display read

	>Also, interestingly, the
	>compressor is never on for more than 2 or 3 seconds, then is
	>off, then back on then then off...and so on and so on.
	>The segment that lights up when the dot goes out is the centre
	>of the digit. It is marked as "Low Pressure Switch" in the
faultcode tables that I >downloaded and printed.

It is normal for the compressor to cycle on and off, but if it works for
only 2-3 seconds this usually indicates low refrigerant level and the
diagnostics confirm that. First connect the sensors in reversed manner
and if the outside temp sensor reads OK, go to a reputable AC shop to
check the refrigerant pressure.
Sorry for confusing you

Aleksander Mierzwa
Warsaw, Poland