Re: Corky Bell's "rules of thumb"...exhaust size

Paul R Anderson wrote:

> I read in an OLD hot rod magazine (or Motor Trend or one of those) about
> a device.  I can't remember it's name, although I'm sure I could check
> with my Dad.
> It uses a magaphone on the end of the pipe with a cone inside it.  The
> purpose of this, I believe, is to increase the velocity of the gases and
> draw the exhaust out.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Exhaust gas velocity....that's an interesting thought.  I think that is
where CB was going with that.  If you increase the volume (pipe diameter)
wouldn't the gases slow causing the turbo to not spool up as fast?

Randall C. Markarian

Saint Louis, Missouri