Re: Coupe GT Anti-sway....

Mik Tip writes:
> I have been driving on a set of the original "Suspension Technique"
> Anti-sway bars, front and rear,
> since 1988.  Included are aftermarket "stiffer" and "lower" springs.
> The difference of the Coupe GT's handling ability, and prowess, is night and
> day!

I have the Suspension Techniques 25mm rear bar on my 4000.  I had also
upgraded the front bar to an Urquattro bar (an increase from 21mm to
24mm).  This, along with Eibach Pro-Kit springs and Koni sport shocks
gives the 4000 great handling.  There is no 2-stage behavior and the
cornering limit is very high (some of my passengers get scared sh*tless
when I take some of the corners at speed :-)).

The 4000 FWD and Coupe suspensions are virtually identical, so the same
story should apply.  The S-T bars for these cars, as Mike says, are
difficult to find now.

Urquattro front bars can still be found via the dealer, so that may be
a worthwhile upgrade for 4000/coupes in itself.  Without some additional
roll stiffness in the rear to compensate, though, there may be an increase
of understeer.

96 A4 2.8 quattro
84 5000S 2.1 turbo
80 4000 2.0
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    Internet: ti@amb.org
 //////  UUCP:     ...!uunet!bazooka!ti
///      URL:      http://sunsite.unc.edu/~cddb/tikan/