5000 CST: to buy or not to buy?

Hi all
  I am new to the list and would like to hear any
comments/opinions/suggestions about subject .I am
thinking about buying an '86 5kcst with 127K on the
clock. It's not quattro, but it is 5-speed.The car seems
to be in good shape, and all the electrical works except
cruise control.Yes,it does have a power steering pump leak,
(~ $300 fix) and the owner wants $2000 for it. Does this sound
like a good deal?  I know that Audi parts here in US are
expensive, but I am familiar with cars and have always fixed
my cars by myself. I never worked on turbos though. Are they
much more complex to work on? Are they reasonably reliable?
Any other "common" problems with these cars? Any comments would
be greatly appreciated.