Re: Coupe (non performer)

> > Just to let you know.  I have 2 4kq exhoust manifolds and  downpipes for sale.
> >  These will give you 10-15 hp and a lot better throttle response.  I would
> > sell them for 150 for both and 90 a piece.  Check the archives for
> > testimonials.
> > Pat
> >
> Will this bolt up to both coupes??
Yes, and it's a much better system.
> Do I have to pull the head to do this??
Probably, unless you get real lucky with the studs.
> If so, should I consider a valve job and/or port and polish?

I found a boss on the transmission that is disposable touched the
Sawzall fixed all.  You'll need to relocate the OXS.  Speed shops sell
"OXS bungs" which are about 1-1/4" diameter chunks of steel with
internal threads for the OXS.  Cut a hole and weld it in, use a heated
OXS because it's further from the nice hot head now.  The 4kq downpipe
also won't mate naturally to the back of your system.  Good time to get
a single muffler 55 mm system installed!

Do it, do it, do it.

Huw Powell

Air Traffic control computers are also exempt as they were built
before Microsoft discovered and patented binary numbers.