[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Alternative part supliers
eric sez a buncha things about alternative parts suppliers which i have
i could add a few more to chew on:
- lemforder also makes the OEM hydraulic fluid pressure accumulator (bomb)
- much of the type 44 air conditioning equipment is GM (ac/delco or
harris) but the compressor, i believe, is japanese (nippondenso?).
- i have high quality lemforder replacement parts for the tie rods,
front control arms/ball joints and rear upper tie rods on my tqw that
look like OEM
- the "modine" 3 row all metal rad is actually a reboxed piece used by
several brands including csf & cuc, is made in the phillipines ans is
of better than acceptable quality.
- any water pump with a plastic impellor (italian) should be tossed
rather than installed.
- don't bother installing a donut-type-with-inside-buffer exhaust hanger
unless it is the one from techtonics with the bicycle chain molded
into the rubber ($6 each)