RE: WOT switch

Gerard wrote:

	>Looked and looked, but nothing plugged into the down pipe after
	>turbo. I assume we're looking at the point right after the
	>where the corrugated downpipe from the wastegate meets the
other pipe
	>coming from the turbo. Will see tomorrow if there is anything
	>in along the exhaust lines when I take the car in for a CV

About 10cm/4" after the turbo, _before_ the corrugated pipe, under the
black metal intake boot to turbocharger pipe, next to the air cleaner
housing... hope I've given enough clue ;-)

	>So if the lambda was pulled off this thing I should be able to
	>it with an error code from the ECU which I can setup by putting
a fuse
	>into the plug on top of the fuel pump relay.
	>If there is no lambda attached to the ECU then can it
	>compensate for a missing sensor or did it need to be
	>to take it into account? I assume it would normally compensate
	>adverse affects for the case where a lambda sensor might go
	>on a "normal" 200T system. Am I right in thinking this way? If
I am
	>then VW/Audi SA knew this and it would be okay for them to
	>have pulled it off.

Another lister recently suggested that applying +12V to the oxygen
sensor wire will prevent the ECU from generating error code, also
applying 500mV or something like that to the wire will make the ECU
happily think it's running stechiometric all the time.
As to my liking, your VW/Audi techs are talking b*lls**t and the lambda
sensor was never on this car.

Aleksander Mierzwa
Warsaw, Poland
87 Audi 5000CS turbo (mine)