Re: Disabling Factory Alarm for Shipment

Hairy green toads from Mars made DRANCHAK say:

>      In preparation for our move to Germany in February, we will be
>      shipping our 92 100 CSQW within the next two weeks.  It will go by
>      carrier from Los Angeles to Charleston and then by ship back to
>      Germany.  I've been told that I must disable the alarm prior to
>      shipment.  Is this just a matter of pulling a fuse or is something
>      else required?  It only has the factory alarm.

When I blew the fuse for the alarm (and the lighters and the
dome light), the alarm was completely disabled. Replacing the
fuse, everything worked fine. I'd say just pull it.

Andrew L. Duane (JOT-7)			duane@zk3.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation		(603)-884-1294
110 Spit Brook Road
M/S ZKO3-3/U14
Nashua, NH    03062-2698

Only my cat shares my opinions, and she's too heavy to care.