Re: My weekend with K&N

> > Also, still wandering if anyone on the list had ever had a look
> > at the Jamex K-Jetronic induction kit, it seems to be a
> > whole-box replacement filter.
> Never heard of it.  It sounds interesting.  I'd like to find out
> more about it myself.
> Is it anything like the TAP box replacement cone filter?

Finally I have some news on these things from Jamex. Just received
a friendly mail saying that Jamex Holland make these airbox
replacement jobs for the Euro Spec 80 and 90 4 and 5 cylinder cars.
They don't think it will fit the 200 I have.

Here is some info from the e-mail:

> We've tested it on several Audi 80's and 90's (Euro spec) 4 and 5
> cylinder and had only positive read-outs on the Dyno . In power and
> torque !! ( 5-13 BHP )
> Since your car is an 200 T , we do not have a Powerplus for your car ,
> sorry
> - Your car has to be an Audi 80 or 90 or equivalent type ,
> - The original filter-size has to be 337 x 135 mm , no more , no less

What I'd  like to know is how different is the air box for the
80/90 and the 5000/100/200?

I am going to contact Ivor at TAP by e-mail to get the price on that
airbox cone conversion of his. From the images on the TAP site it looks
like a lot of the box volume has been removed and more and better
flow has been put into the design.

"a thousand miles from here, there is another person smiling"
1990 Turbo (200T)
name   : gerard van vught
tel    : +27-57-912 2658 (w) / 082 923 9609 (cell)
url    : http://www.acenet.co.za/homepages/gerard/
e-mail : gerard@poboxes.com  / han.solo@galaxycorp.com
         gerard@acenet.co.za / van_vught@frg.issi.co.za