Re: quattro/Quattro

Tom Nas wrote:
> pjrose@servtech.com (Phil & Judy Rose) wrote:
> >Interesting point, Jim. Is lowercase specified (bt Audi) as "correct" for
> >quattro spelling? I note that Audi seems consistently to use a lowercase
> >"quattro" on the  vehicle (grill badge, rear window, etc.). Yet Audi also
> >have been known to use uppercase "Q" in their advertising copy. Was the
> >latter simply a case of bad proofreading? Or corporate schizophrenia?
> My 8/81 UrQ brochure talks about 'Quattro', while the 1/88 UrQ brochure
> says 'quattro'.
> Seems like they made up their minds to go 'all lower case' later on.
> Tom
I have not been following this thread too closely so forgive me if this
has already been stated.  Anyway... I seem to remember that Audi and the
Blizzak ski manufacturer had lawsuit filed againist one another (I don't
remember who filed first) about the "Quattro" logo.  I do not remember
who won but that might be the reason Audi went from "Quattro" to
"quattro."  Does anybody else remember this?  And if so, what was the
Sean Upchurch
Design Engineer
CDI CAD Services, http://www.cdicadwa.com
11711 N. Creek Parkway S.