[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]

Replacement of idle stabiliser Y-joint hose...


The Y-joint of the idle stabiliser valve that goes into the valve
cover of my 1990 200T is torn and I need to replace it. I would
just like to know if VW/Audi are the only manufacturers of the
piping or can I simply take the car to a NAPA joint or rubber
hosing joint and have them replace the Y-joint of the piping?
Is it normal for the line running from this Y-joint down to exhaust
side of the engine to be rather flat or is it to be perfectly
round and hard for optimum effectiveness? Should I also then
be replacing the entire piping?

"a thousand miles from here, there is another person smiling"
1990 Turbo (200T)
name   : gerard van vught
tel    : +27-57-912 2658 (w) / 082 923 9609 (cell)
url    : http://www.acenet.co.za/homepages/gerard/
e-mail : gerard@poboxes.com  / han.solo@galaxycorp.com
         gerard@acenet.co.za / van_vught@frg.issi.co.za