Re: Rear deck lid emblems

Ken <kkeith@qnet.com> wrote:

>You couldn't get a 4000 badge because they are no longer available?

No, just because the 4000 never sold here- the B2 cars were always called
80 or 90.

>  Are
>the badges still available in the US?

I think James Marriott had found out that they were, yes.

>Could anyone tell me what the european equivalent of my '85 4ksq would

That would be a 90 quattro, if it has an I-5. I think the I-5 80 quattro
was only available _before_ 1985. I've driven a 1984 2226cc 90 q before.
That was the only exception to the 'rule': 80 for the I-4, 90 for the I-5.

>Maybe I'll put euro badges on it.  Are they available?

Yup. Part numbers:

'quattro' 	853 853 737 2ZZ
'90'	 	813 853 749 N21
'Audi'		431 853 687 A 2ZZ

Dunno what they cost- somewhere in the region of $25-35 all together, if I
recall correctly. I'll see if I can find it in my old mail.

 1988 Audi 80 1.8S, mostly Tizianrot metallic, 215,000km

    They all laughed at Albert Einstein. They all laughed at Columbus.
          Unfortunately, they also all laughed at Bozo the Clown.
                                      -- William H. Jefferys