Re: low boost in '87 5Ktq (again, sorry)

At 3:50 PM -0500 on 12/17/97, Sonar465 wrote:

> Well sorry to take up band width on this subject again, but of course when
> this tread was going around a few weeks ago my 5Ktq was pulling 1.8bar
>all the
> time.  Well this week my trusty 5kTQ is having a hard time pulling 1.6bar.
> The car is just about to turn 115,000 miles with a IA stage II computer on it
> for the last 45,000 miles.  I checked the top IC hose last night and did not
> feel any holes but I did not take the hose off the car, but last time the
> went I could easily feel the hole.  Could the CAT be getting clogged, is the
> lowwer hose prone to leaking what else could it be.  Thanks for the info.

To find out if it's a leak in the upper hose, squeeze the hose while the
engine is running.  If there's a hole, the engine dies or falters.  We
found our hole that way.

Brett Dikeman
Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt.  Qui annus est?
Te audire non possum.  Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.
Ita, scio hunc 'sig file' veterem fieri.