Re: fault codes

four.rings@MCIONE.com wrote:

>If you buy a 2-volume set for '84 to '88 5000 you'll be about 95% OK.
>There's no such animal as Audi 5000. It's a rebadged 100/200 with
>heavier bumpers, catalytic converter and crappy headlights.

And several differences in emissions-related equipment, not to mention
wiring. I'm glad I don't have to make do with a US Bentley manual for my
car- looking at the wiring diagrams, they could well be for entirely
different cars... never mind that my car has a carb instead of FI. And did
the old 80, called the Fox in the US, ever have a 1300cc engine?

Beware: some Euro-market cars were sold as stripped-out versions of the
US-market cars due to local marketing strategy, product placement,
legislation, etc. Even comparing equipment in a German-market car with
mine, you'll notice some differences.

In other words: yes, a Bentley manual might be useable for your repairs,
but don't rely on it too much... your best bet would be to get a proper
workshop manual as published by Audi for your car. Source? Autojumbles are

    They all laughed at Albert Einstein. They all laughed at Columbus.
          Unfortunately, they also all laughed at Bozo the Clown.
                                      -- William H. Jefferys