Passat indicator relay too quiet

I think I've already filled in the survey form - the backup vehicle is a 1986
Passat GLS (JS) engine.

'er indoors has asked me try and find a way to make the indicators noisier.  I
know the ur-quattro clicks nicely, but that's because I never get around to
reinstalling the cladding in the left footwell.  Is there a way to make a
Passat indicator relay noisier without adopting the same solution?

UK law requires the indicators to be distinctly audible (for blind drivers?)
but the Passat's are almost deathly quiet.

 Phil Payne