RE: "60 Minutes"

Agreed. I had my own "unintened acceleration" accident - and it was
because "driver's fault" too, only of different kind. The previous owner
of my car put a piece of carpet as an additional floor mat - I thought
it's weird, but didn't remove it either - my fault :-(((. I was driving
outside the city and decided to pass, so I pressed the gas pedal to the
floor to activate the kick down. The mat moved forward and _locked_ the
gas pedal at full throttle position. I wasn't fun, but I could bring the
car to the stop using the brakes with no real problems, and it was with
a dead bomb. I really can't imagine how one can confuse the brake pedal
with gas - the pedals have _way_ different feel even when wearing army

Aleksander Mierzwa
Warsaw, Poland
87 Audi 5000CS turbo (mine)
88 Renault Medallion wagon (mom's)