auxillary water pump on 200t...same as VW Bus?

I've found a source for 2nd hand Audi parts. I took my car to the guy
and pointed out my leaking/oozing auxilary water pump that sends water
to the turbo. The guy tells me it is the same as the pump on the
VW Microbus that had the Audi 2.2 - 2.5 motors. Is this correct? Can
I replace the pump on the 200t with one from a VW Audi-engined machine
or were these water pumps only  fitted to the turbo powered cars from
Audi and not fitted on the NA Audi cars?

"a thousand miles from here, there is another person smiling"
1990 Turbo (200T)
name   : gerard van vught
tel    : +27-57-912 2658 (w) / 082 923 9609 (cell)
url    : http://www.acenet.co.za/homepages/gerard/
e-mail : gerard@poboxes.com  / han.solo@galaxycorp.com
         gerard@acenet.co.za / van_vught@frg.issi.co.za