86 5ks update

In message <> Randy Rock writes:

> It seems that the head gasket has failed, causing the coolant to get into
> the cylinders.  I have confirmed this by inspecting the oil (light brown).

You would normally expect to be able to smell coolant burning - it's an acrid
plasticy smell, quite unlike oil or anything else.  You'd also expect to see
steam condensing - quite small amounts of water produce quite copious white

Unfortunately there isn't a great deal of commonality between the head gasket
and timing belt jobs - plugs out, set engine to TDC, timing cover off, pull
belt off cam pulley.  From there on, the jobs diverge until they come together
at the same point during reassembly.

 Phil Payne