Re: 86 5kCSQ jerks when deacclerated

The characteristic you describe is always present, but can be
aggrivated(severely) by a large crack in the intercooler->throttle body
hose.  However, other symptoms abound; trouble starting up out of 1st, and
problems getting boost(and missing at anything near 1.1 bar.)
Still pull the hose of and check it out(always a good thing to check
regularly anyways.)

PS:question was added to the QFOM.

At 5:43 PM -0500 on 1/9/98, Intisar Husain wrote:

> 	Summary of the problem would be
> 	"Is hard engine braking normal to this car"
> 	Explanation of the Problem will be like;
> 	I am not sure if it is a characteristic of the beast or
> 	if there is something wrong. While in stop and go traffic
> 	(california), let's say I am in in a low gear, and I just
> 	took my foot off the gas pedal, without pressing the clutch,
> 	the car has a sudden jerk. The jerk is so bad that I get
> 	nervous that someone might hit me from behind ( bumper to
> 	bumper traffic). I have been driving stick shift for last
> 	20 or so years, and don't think that I have to press clutch
> 	everytime I take my foot off the gas pedal. The lower the
> 	gear the harder the jerk is.

Brett Dikeman
Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt.  Qui annus est?
Te audire non possum.  Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.
Ita, scio hunc 'sig file' veterem fieri.