[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
86 5ktq questions
i have a few questions to pose to the panel:
1. On slippery roads the tail ends fishes back and forth making driving
very uncomfortable. Alignment? Tires? I will try both if i must but any
I currently run Dunlop D60A2 tires. As soon as i can find some cheap
wheels i will run Hakka's and hopefully eliminate this problem.
2. When locking center diff it will remain intact for about 5 miles then
start to flutter in and out of engagement as i hit bumps. The lights go on
and off and i can feel the change through the shift knob. I know it
operates via vacuum. maybe a leak? Why would it work ok for 5 miles then
3. Night driving is very difficult due to poor lighting. I replaced both
headlight bulbs and aimed properly. Should i use higher watt bulbs in city
lights or something to help? Driving or fog light suggestions.
4. Is it true that 5w30 oil is not best for turbo charged engines? i
would like to use synthetic and 5w30 has the best temp ratings for the
winters here in Wisconsin but I thought 10w30 was to be used on turbos
which is only rated to 0 degrees F.
5. I am in need of a shift rod, bushing and shift knuckle(connects to
tranny). Dealer price is $125 any ideas where i can get cheaper? Used an
Thanks to all who respond!
86 5ktq 185K