Re: What is a WX engine?

At 3:51 AM -0500 on 1/20/98, Phil Payne wrote:

> In message <199801200604.BAA13578@coimbra.ans.net> Daniel Hussey writes:
> >     For the first time I have heard several people on the list refer to WX
> > engines in Ur-Q's.  What is a WX engine and why have I never heard of it
> > before?  Were they not sold in the US?  I thought all the early US
>model Ur-Q's
> > had the MB motor.
> I'm not aware of any MBs reaching the USA.  US imports ceased in 1985 -
>the MB
> did not ship to customers until mid-1988.
> US cars usually have WX/WR engines.  Anyoe who has anything different
> have something valuable.  Hint: Does a magnet stick to the block?
Perhaps you were refering to US UrQ's, but every single '87 5000CST(+Q) I
know of in the US has an MB engine inside(including mine.)

How valuable?  If the price is right you can have the whole thing, MB
engine and all ;)

Brett(with 200tq envy)
'87 5kCST

Brett Dikeman
Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt.  Qui annus est?
Te audire non possum.  Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.
Ita, scio hunc 'sig file' veterem fieri.