[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Audi "Restorations" and Classics
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Audi "Restorations" and Classics
- From: Dave Eaton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 17:05:56 +0012
- Autoforwarded: false
- Disclose-Recipients: prohibited
- Hop-Count: 1
- Importance: normal
- In-Reply-To: <199801190448.XAA01182@coimbra.ans.net>
- Mr-Received: by mta MOEMR0.MUAS; Relayed; Wed, 21 Jan 1998 17:05:56 +0012
- Mr-Received: by mta CSAV10; Relayed; Wed, 21 Jan 1998 17:05:57 +0012
- Sender: email@example.com
- Ua-Content-Id: 11C1AC453800
- X400-Mts-Identifier: [;9256051721011998/A18153/CSAV10]
yeah, i agree. i'd be a lot more ready to seriously tweak the ur-q if it were
an earlier model. but i can't help feeling that i'd be ruining it's value
should i do it to the 20v...
mind you, maybe for the usa market, the 85 model would be the collectable as it
was the last.
anyone know of any ur-q 20v that have been grey imported to the usa?
>Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 22:21:37 -0500 (EST)
>From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Jeffrey J. Goggin)
>>Because U.S. spec cars are typically better equipped, have lower miles, are
>>better mechanical and cosmetic condition, and they are cheaper. This tends
>>be the case for almost any U.S. market "collectable" car (or motorcycle). My
>>caveat is that as long as a collector wants a car of a type that was imported
>>to the U.S., the U.S. spec car is usually a darned good buy compared against
>>the standards of the world market.
>Perhaps but the difference in performance between a US-spec Lotus Elan or
>MGB or any other pre-emissions car v. a euro-spec car isn't quite as large
>as it was in the mid-80s ... this was also pre-galvanizing, which is
>important when rust is a consideration.
>I'm willing to bet that the only "collectible" Ur-Qs will be the early
>'80/'81s and the '89 through '91 20Vs ... all the rest will ride on their
>coattails but won't bring anywhere near the same prices. Any takers?