[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: WAX / ZYMOL ?'s
Derek Daily wrote:
> (3) Purchased Zymol liquid at local parts place (Yeah...I know there
> are some qualms about this...i.e. that stuff is weak, buy the _real_
> Zymol from ? BUT, it's still the first time a paid over $15 for a
> bottle of wax, it should be better than most)
It's not. It lasts about as long as it takes to put on. :-( DO NOT waste
your money on that stuff.
> ? WHAT IS THE SUGGESTION ?
> Thanks for your ideas,
> Derek Daily
> 90 CQ with specks...
First off, what color is the paint? It makes a difference. What works
well on one color is not so hot on another. BTDT.
Generally excellent products:
*Start* with a clay removal system. Meguiar's is very good. This will
smooth the surface like nothing else. removes tar, overspray, etc.
Cleaning the paint/oxidation (use once a year):
• Meguiars Body Scrub - Excellent
• Klasse all-in -one - available from Herrington Catalog, my local Audi
dealer (Hoehn - see autoweek)
• Megiars Cleaner Wax - available anywhere - sometimes at Price Club/
Sam's Club Use bi-yearly or as appropriate
Non-Cleaner wax/finishing wax:
• Mother's Yellow Carnuba Paste EXCELLENT on Tornado Red cars w/o
clearcoat (after using cleanerwax/etc above) 2 coats is very nice. more
is better BT, Doing That).
• Meguiar's Medallion - excellent on lago blue/emerald green cars (BTDT)
• Eagle One Wet - also excellent, and a little easier to use than
Black plastic/ Bumper Trim:
• Mother's Back to Black is very nice - looks like tanning oil, smells
nice, lasts soso. Does not plasticise liek Armor All.
• Zymol leather cleaner/conditioner combo pkg available in pep boys. I
like it better than lexol - the cleaner works better and the conditioner
is less greasy/hard, and smells very nice.
Hope this helps.