O.K., what did I do to this one?

     The backup '87 5K CS TQ has joined the primary one in semi-retirement.  I
was driving on one of the roads at the plant and it stopped running.  Died.
Right there.  Engine will turn with the started, there is compression this
time.  When I turn the ignition on, the fuel pump did not cause the warm up
regulator to click, so I suspected a bad fuel pump.  Changed the pump, still
no fuel.  Also no spark, which I think is normal if there is no fuel.
     What sensors have the power to shut off the fuel pump?  I have checked
pins 1 & 4 at the fuel pump and there is voltage there.  With a weak battery
it was 9v, have the battery on a charger now.
     Any suggestions on which sensor(s) to look at?  Any other items that may
have an impact?  Any loose wires that could do this?
     All help appreciated.

     Now More Confused in Bucksnort.