Re: vents(?) on back shelf of 5000's

At 11:54 PM -0500 on 1/25/98, Ti Kan wrote:
> Audi designed the climate control system to be flow-through, such that
> the air that is pressurized into the passenger cabin (via the blower fan)
> goes through into the trunk via the above-mentioned vents, and then
> exits through another vent in the left rear (concealed by the bumper
> cover).
Aha!  When one of my windows got stuck down, I discovered that the cabin is
pressurized...while trying to tape some saran-wrap to the opening.  Damn
that was annoying.  Air was gushing out so hard I couldn't get saran to

So, I guess that means my little flappy-thing isn't working.  Could also
explain why the car keeps fogging up...if that flappy-thing is stuck...no
airflow, and the rear windows fog up.

And then...
At 12:01 AM -0500 on 1/26/98, frankbauer@thevine.net wrote:
> i found this when trying to locate an annoying rattle i heard when
> closing the door.  turns out it was the flap coming back to rest.
> must move a fair amount of air...
> frank
Aha!  I know that noise too.  I always wondered why, when you closed the
door, there was a:
<whump>(From door)
<whump>(From ????)

now I know.

Learn something every day, eh?

Brett Dikeman
Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt.  Qui annus est?
Te audire non possum.  Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.
Ita, scio hunc 'sig file' veterem fieri.