[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
4KQ trans R&R ?s HELP!
Chris, you bring that lap-top with you I hope?
A few 4KQ trans R&R questions:
1) I've got the ol' 4KQ front up on jackstands - will this be high enough for clearance?
2) I've got the engine supported with a lift - is this required? Suggested? Don't care?
3) Trouble getting access to the engine/trans bolts on the R side - I have dropped the
front subframe down as far as possible with the tie-rods attached - do I need to drop the
tie-rods, remove the calipers and the top strut nuts and drop the whole schebang
right the H_ll outtahthere to get access to remove these bolts, the slave cyl, shift linkage,
diff-lock cable, etc????
4) Any other hints or suggestions?
5) Special brands of 'Liquid Mechanic'?