V8 Headlights

I have a 1990 V8 that I had been having trouble with the low beams.  I
diagnosed it to the switch on the steering column (the plug to the
switch had melted).  From what I understand, that is a common problem.

I got the switch working again, and installed a relay system for the
lights to take the electrical load off of the switch, which works
well.  The problem is that now the Auto-Check system thinks that there
are no headlights.  Anyone out there know how to trick the computer?
I'm sure it's just a relay that needs to be jumpered.  My email is

Douglas Glanz

90 V8 Quattro
87 Alfa Milano
83 Alfa Spider