Re: No torsen for me

At 01:55 PM 3/2/98 -0800, Jay Rabe wrote:
>By the way if torsens are so good why is audi using EDL now?  I'm not
>trying to pick fights about ridiculous things, im just stating my

I've read through all the messages from the weekend, and nobody has cleared
this A4 fact up.  The Audi A4 quattro, even with EDL, has a TORSEN center
differential.  It has an open front and rear diff and the brakes/ABS
sensors are used to slow a wheel that has lost traction.  Working
underneath the EDL system is a torsen center differential.

My guess is that Audi uses EDL because it's a simple add-on that further
enhances traction by modulating power from left to right.

- Josh Pinkert
- Josh@Pinkert.com
- '98 A4q 2.8
- ISO '70-'73 Porsche 911