[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: quattro-digest V4 #1869
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: quattro-digest V4 #1869
- From: Dave Eaton <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 11:48:01 +1300 (NZDT)
- Autoforwarded: false
- Disclose-Recipients: prohibited
- Hop-Count: 1
- Importance: normal
- In-Reply-To: <199803051954.OAA12010@coimbra.ans.net>
- Mr-Received: by mta MOEMR0.MUAS; Relayed; Fri, 06 Mar 1998 11:48:01 +1300
- Mr-Received: by mta CSAV05; Relayed; Fri, 06 Mar 1998 11:48:03 +1300
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ua-Content-Id: 11C332F00000
- X400-Mts-Identifier: [;8601481106031998/A05238/CSAV05]
just beware that, after driving my wagon, walter rohrl told me he wanted to go
home and find a mint 20v in germany. i asked him if he would modify it (we'd
been talking about herr meyer's (aka mr mtm) 20v ur-quattro (his personal toy
according to walter). with 350hp.
walter said "why?, i like the balance of the car as it is".
where i come from, a mint 20v is a rare and special creature....
apparently the carbon fibre moutain bike mtm made specially for walter for his
3-week biking holiday in the south island was ripped off. walter had promised
to leave in new zealand for the the sales-type droid i deal with (a good bloke
actually) - i was too late to get my dibs on this bike. it was put on display
in the shop window of a bike shop the day after walter flew out (and before the
sales guy could get down to pick it up), and someone put a brick through the
window and ripped it off. shame.
>Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 21:15:31 +0200
>From: "Jouko Haapanen" <email@example.com>
>Subject: Re: UrQuattro for sale in Europe?
>I see a couple every two weeks in Auto Motor und Sport...
>Usually they are the 20V variety, and prices seem to vary a great deal, as
>can be expected. 90 000 DM will get you a Sport quattro with around 50
>000km on the clock, and around 10 000-15 000 DM will get you a lwb car. I
>am probably going to resume my Urq search soon and will likely head to
>Germany to find a car. There is one car for sale here in Filand at the
>moment, a 1984 or 85 with S2 drivetrain. Not so excited about that, but
>I'll consider it since there are no others at the moment.
>M'm hoping to see some of the Urq veterans end of next week again, maybe
>they can shed some light on my search. Maybe Hannu has a dusty old car
>somewhere he could sell. I don't mind decals...
>97 A4 1.8T quattro 240 Torsenhorses
>89 911 Carrera 3.2 Coupe 231 Openhorses