CIS-E fuel modification @ WOT

Hi gang!

Please excuse lame ASCII art, but here is my proposed change to CIS-E using
existing WOT switch, one 12 volt SPDT relay and a resistor TBD (to be
determined).  The resistor would be picked based on desired enrichment at
WOT and should have zero effect at cruise.

WARNING: use this circuit at your own risk-its a cerebral/experimental
excercise for right now.  Bruce Bell is in the process of trying this out
to see if there are any potential gains.

Comments invited :^)

Standard CIS-E wiring

              oem temp sensor
to ecu   <--------\/\/\/\--------|
                     R1          |
to ecu   <-----------------------|

Proposed Experimental Wiring
                                  |-  Contents of "Black Box"  -|
                                    aux enrichment relay (NC contacts!)
              oem temp sensor            |-----/0------|
                                         |  K1 (SPDT)  |
to ecu   <--------\/\/\/\--------X<------0---\/\/\/\---|
                     R1                        R2      |
                                              "FS"     |

                                               )|| K1's 12V coil

"FS" = "field selected" to bump differential pressure regulator current up.
 Use a rheostat for R2 for the "tuner" setup.  In normal use the NC
contacts short out the enrichment resistor and ecu sees normal temp.

Tony Lum                                        1987 5000CS Turbo Quattro
Berkeley, California, U.S.A.                	1985 4000CS Quattro
Audi Owner/Driver/Mechanic by Necessity ;^)	1980 5000S  Sedan