[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Head bolts - do not reuse!
Graydon D. Stuckey wrote:
> Good info, Igor - thanks.
> Ok, how much is a set of raceware studs?
Mike Zamikhovsky installed a set on one of his MC a year ago. I believe
it was in the neighbourhood of $180. YMMV.
It comes with the M11 tap for cleaning the cyl bores. The quality of
studs/multi-faucet fasteners is top notch.
One more thing: they are fairly long, hence lifting the heavy
head/turbo/both manifolds assy high enough to clear the studs becomes
One yet more tip, that simplifies the head install by a great margin:
I cut the heads off two old head bolts with the disk on the Dremel tool,
then ground the slits in the ends with the same disk. End result -- two
guides for the head.
- screw both guides into the block in the corners,
- put the head on the block using these guides,
- screw in the new head bolts in the 10 empty bores,
- unscrew the self-made guides with a long flat screwdriver,
- fish the guides out of the head with a cylindrical telescoping magnet,
- screw in the remaining 2 head bolts in the 2 remaining empty bores,
'89 200TQ -- 18psi (TAP)