RE: Stalking the Elusive Quattro

> Didn't the 91 200q have a grille badge?
> harrison
> > > written into the rear window defroster wire?
> >
> > >The only quattro I know of without the model name or quattro badges were
> > >the 90-92 V8 quattros.
> >
> > ...and the 1991 200 Quattro. No badges, but had "Quattro" in the back
> > window.
> >
> > - Rob

Whee! Here we go. As always, YMMV depending on what the factory slapped
together that day. My 91-200-q has rings and "quattro" badges, front and rear
(rear quattro is pretty small, see pictures), w/defroster writing. Other people
report just rings in back. Then I saw a nice burgundy one in West Yellowstone
earlier this winter (Montana plates "BUY ART") with old-style "Audi 200" on one
side of the trunklid and "quattro" on the other (just like the one in the James
Bond movie, wait that's a different thread). Flared fenders, side blinkers, and
he had the armrest-phone too, musta been a 91. Spotted a black 91 in Driggs as
I was going skiing one day, Wyoming plates but that's all I had time to scope
on the way by. The V8 in town probably has rings fore and aft, quattro only in
grille (maybe window, it was dark). The S4 I saw yesterday with local plates
had, I think, just the rings and sport badges fore and aft, again, no window

Do S4s have quattro in the window?

Henry Harper
1991 200 quattro, 86k, more badges than some but not so many as others
1988 GTI 16v, 174k, stealthy badges - grill GTI-16v was delete-optioned by
crash of PO, now has front VW in grill (all black), rear VW is painted red
after delinquent made off with the silver one, original rear GTI-16v