RE: Stalking the Elusive Quattro

>Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 18:27:36 -0500
>From: Marc_Nguyen@mail.amsinc.com
>Subject: RE: Stalking the Elusive Quattro
>Henry Harper wrote:
>> Do S4s have quattro in the window?
>My friend's '92 S4 had (it was totaled by a red-light running Olds
>recently...a moment of silence) "quattro" in the rear window defroster.  My
>'93 S4 does not.  As for badges, his S4 badge was on the passenger side of
>the trunk lid, while mine is on the driver's side.  Neither has a "quattro"
>badge on the trunk.  I have noticed other '93s, though (and '94s) with the
>S4 badge on the driver's side and "quattro" on the passenger side of the

Let's not confuse what we may see on the road with actual factory output.
Things like alternate side S4 badges may merely reflect some repainting was
done by a sloppy (or dislexic) shop. A couple of weeks ago I came across a
very nice looking '95 Audi A9 quattro--that's right, _A9_ :)

Phil Rose		Rochester, NY
'89 100			pjrose@servtech.com