[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Hr. Piech's quotes ...
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Hr. Piech's quotes ...
- From: Dave Eaton <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 19:42:42 +1200
- Autoforwarded: false
- Disclose-Recipients: prohibited
- Hop-Count: 1
- Importance: normal
- In-Reply-To: <199803200124.UAA27383@coimbra.ans.net>
- Mr-Received: by mta MOEMR0.MUAS; Relayed; Fri, 20 Mar 1998 19:42:42 +1200
- Mr-Received: by mta CSAV05; Relayed; Fri, 20 Mar 1998 19:42:42 +1200
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ua-Content-Id: 11C3A4EA2A00
- X400-Mts-Identifier: [;8242421920031998/A37673/CSAV05]
yeah, but i sure wish he'd thought to put a hole through the tank big enough to
take a pair of skis....
i've just heard that the 3rd 20v in the country was totaled the other month -
the paint shop bloke i took the rs2 to for a bonnet (hood) re-spray told me.
the insurance chappies wrote the car off due to the damage, and the owner being
joined at the hip with the car (as we owners tend to be) insisted on a re-build
and paid for the difference himself...
so it seems that christine (black ur-q 20v) is now the only straight 20v in
godzone. seems like a real shame.
so ur-q owners out there - be careful!
>Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 23:30:36 GMT
>From: email@example.com (Phil Payne)
>> My personal favorite quote was in response to the question as to why the
>> ur-quattro had such a large fuel capacity ... he replied that he wanted
>> to make sure that when the world ran out of gasoline that the last cars
>> left on the road would be Audis ...
>The ur-quattro's tank is just awesome. Why on earth ...
>But then - he knew about the understeer.
> Phil Payne
> UK Audi [ur-]quattro Owners Club