[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]

Re: rad fan cooling duct

> a while back while picking through a boneyard, i pulled an air cooling
> duct off a type 44 of unknown vintage.  this is an s-shaped corrugated
> plastic tube that goes from a hole in the firewall near the hood release
> to a rubber elbow that attaches to an air inlet on the rad fan motor
> housing.  i am assuming that plenum pressure while in motion forces air
> through the duct to cool the motor.

I think I had one of those on my 5kt.  I always thought it was something
to do with getting the ambient air temp to some kind of sensor... I'm
sure I was wrong!  But it seemed like too small of a hose to do much

Huw Powell


'82 Audi Coupe "OO oooo OO"