Re: ECU viruses

In a message dated 3/31/98 Sachelle Babbar <sbabbar@iris.nyit.edu> writes:

<<  Aren't the ecu's programmed with the same langauge as main systems? Are
they subject to the same virus? Will we not be able to drive our cars in 2000?

If this were tomorrow I would think it an April Fools joke. Since Steve sounds
serious in his query allow me to take a stab since I am fending off "Y2K"
(Year 2000) queries here at work. ECU folks (Scott, Orin, Dave, et all)
correct me if I am wrong but...since our car's ECU's have no "real-time-clock"
(do they?) in them there are no Y2K issues to be concerned with.

Of course I also don't believe every airplane will fall out of the sky, and
every bank will loose all financial records on 12/31/99 either. If you listen
to some of the hysteria about Y2K you might start to believe these things too.

Mike Veglia
87 5kcstq (if it dies on 12/31/99 it will be one of those Audi things...just
means fix it and move on)