[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Performance Claims
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Performance Claims
- From: Dave Eaton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 15:21:12 +1200
- Autoforwarded: false
- Disclose-Recipients: prohibited
- Hop-Count: 1
- Importance: normal
- Mr-Received: by mta MOEMR0.MUAS; Relayed; Thu, 02 Apr 1998 15:21:12 +1200
- Mr-Received: by mta CSAV05; Relayed; Thu, 02 Apr 1998 15:21:13 +1200
- Sender: email@example.com
- Ua-Content-Id: 11C413D50200
- X400-Mts-Identifier: [;0112211502041998/A03404/CSAV05]
sorry, but complete bollocks....
i know of 2 people who have dyno'ed hotted audi i5's (ohh, an iron block). both
got in excess of 300hp. so mr elgin is wrong on at both counts...
oh, and a certain porsche engineered audi (station wagon) with the same i5 gets
over 310hp. but you can't trust those germans. heck, they're not even
>Date: Sun, 29 Mar 98 15:10:00 -0800
>From: Michael Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>hey this is a letter that my friend wrote me today. Done Elgin is the
>same Elgin who does Elgin Cams. So he is pretty knowledgable, so iwould
>like to know what the list makes of this...
>I talked to Don Elgin today, he was at the school for a meeting and I ran
>him. I asked about dynojets and how they get an AWD on them. He said
>east they have IM240, which is the 5 gas analysis system that tests for
>and requires a dyno. There is no such thing AWD dyno, at least nothing
>availible in the US. More importantly, even if an AWD dyno was possible,
>could never rate HP or Torque on it. Power must be given to one set of
>at a time to compute the power.
>So, the process revolves around disabling the AWD to rate the HP. But
>a complicated process, and says only a few people know how to do it.
>So, I doubt very much that any of those Audi guys are telling any truth.
>Their engines, as Elgin said, are capable of about 200-250hp, and he has
>higher out of K-36 turbos, but the engine is unsafe. He said the cast
>block is bad for the heat, and it dosen't translate to a performance
>any way other than making it unsafe.