'89 200TQ intermittant no-start/running like hell

>Strapped the broken housing to the body of the distributor with a wire
>tie. The car started from a quarter-turn. End of story.
>Check your distributors! I guarantee that 9 out of 10 older Audis out
>there have the plastic housings for the Hall Sender broken off the
>distributor body.

i had mine strapped down with a wire tie for a couple of years.
i finally bought and installed a new housing.
a cheap and easy job for when you have run out of things to do on your q...

hmmph!  "run out of things to do on your q..."?

to: IN:four.rings@mcione.com
cc: IN:quattro@coimbra.ans.net