Re: To lock or not to lock

>Dwayne wrote:
>> This seems like a dumb question but how do you lock the center differential.
>> I have a switch on the console for the rear dif but as far as I know thats
>> it.
>> Thanks,
>> Dwayne
>> '91 200tq
>You have a torsen center diff that does not lock. Rather, it tries to
>automatically send power to the end of the car that has more traction.
>Up to 70%. Your rear diff will unlock itself at speeds above 15 mph.

The question is; when/why would you _want_ to lock the rear diff?  This
sorta escaped me...as a prospective Q owner, I'd appreciate a little
insight into this!  My idiot guess is for "stuck" situations, torsen would
transfer to rear wheels, so you lock the rear diff to get _both_ rear
wheels to go?

Brett Dikeman
Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt.  Qui annus est?
Te audire non possum.  Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.
Ita, scio hunc 'sig file' veterem fieri.