quote for repainting 200, help!

I was given a rough quote for repainting a 91 200tq, metallic, at being
around $1500 materials, $3000 labor for a grand total of $4500.  Another
shop said something similar.

It's all to fix a badly "crazed" clearcoat(the underlying color looks fine,
I guess.)  Car was left outdoors all the time and probably not waxed very

Comments appreciated.  This seemed like highway robbery.

Brett Dikeman
Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt.  Qui annus est?
Te audire non possum.  Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.
Ita, scio hunc 'sig file' veterem fieri.