Re: Headlight switch

Derick Farfan writes:
> WHen i drive my 85 4000s with the headlights on i have to hold the the
> high beam lever in between high and low to get a bright light.  If i
> just pull on the lever it seems that only the high beam comes on.  when
> i hold the lever between the high and low it seems that both the high
> and low beam comes on.  Aiming of my headlights is one problem but this
> switch seems to be another.  If anyone knew the proper alignment of the
> headlights for this car it would be a big help, thanks.

I believe That's the way it's supposed to work.  In normal high-beam
operation on these lights, the low beams go out.  When you pull on the
lever half-way, it provides for the "flash to pass" function and both the
high and low beams are on.

There should be headlight alignment instructions in the qlist archives.
Check there.

96 A4 2.8 quattro
84 5000S 2.1 turbo
80 4000 2.0
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    ti@amb.org
 //////  http://sunsite.unc.edu/~cddb/tikan/