Re: Rover meet Sterling - No Audi Content

Scott 20191668 Bermes <scottb2460@earthlink.net wrote:

>I was driving around Atlanta today and saw a good looking Rover sedan.
>The badge were numbers and I looked up Edmunds and Carpoint but they
>had  no information on the car. Anybody know about this car?

>I can't wait for another 6 years where that $40k car will be going for
>$7k with maybe two national parts distributors and no dealer network for
>parts or service.  Can you say, "Sterling"?

Rover 800: Glorified Honda Accord(?) w/lots of chrome & fake wood strips
Rover 600: Glorified Honda Civic w/lots of chrome & fake wood strips
Rover 400: Own design, getting there.

Engines: some Honda, some own designs.

Reliability: so-so, bordering on OK.

Still can't compete with Audi. Company now owned by BMW.

 1988 Audi 80 1.8S, mostly Tizianrot metallic, 219,000km

    "We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out."
                --Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962.