Re: memorial day, small towns, and Audis.

EFergu6410 <EFergu6410@aol.com> wrote:

>The Cabrio has the 2.8L 12v V6 good for 172hp.  Still slow, tho:(  Think of it
>as an open top, slow Coupe.  Personally, I like it (could be that it's based
>on the Coupe).

I like it as well, not as a competitor for the Z3, but as a luxury open-top
cruiser. And who's going to break the sound barrier with the top down
anyway? Cabrios are intended for cruising, not for low-flying.

It's stylish, well-engineered and well-built, not to mention a nice change
from all the other cabrios on the market. Oh, and it probably helps that we
can get it with a manual transmission here...

If they were cheaper used (still somewhere above $18k here) and insurable,
I'd consider one. Thanks to global warming, we get so many nice days here
that an open-top car is a nice thing to have. Pity, no AWD. But nutcases
like Kim Collins can fix that...

 1988 Audi 80 1.8S, mostly Tizianrot metallic, 219,000km
 1987 Audi 90q 2.3E, Tizianrot metallic, 163,000km

    "We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out."
                --Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962.